Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Homemade tamales. This is what my Cinco de mayo consisted of. Well that and an essay on how television affects American politics. I started working my gift for my mom for this mother's day. My mom's favorite live production of all time is Hair. Hair is a musical set in NYC during the mid 60s. The music is trippy to say the least. So I found her old vinyl of the original broadway recording so i got the bright idea to record it to my computer so i can put it on a CD for her. So i record side 1 and save it as an mp3. I recored all of side 2, all 25 minutes of it and i forget to save it. So now I have half a gift and my mom isnt going to be out of the house from now until mothers day.

btw: What ever happened to the crickets in my neighborhood? I can hear them off in the far in the distance, but the sounds of cars speeding up and down the main avenues near my house, the sheriff helicopters flying above the section eight housing overpower the sweet sound of crickets in my neighborhood. The families behind my home fight into the early morning. The peace that once filled my neighborhood has disappeared.

Peace

1 comment:

Jenni Williams said...

I'm sad when neighborhood creatures cease to exist. I used to have frogs in the pond and they migrated elsewhere. It was such a calming natural awesome sound and then one day they were just gone. I wish I had crickets. DAMN, I wish we lived somewhere that had LIFE.

lol I are jenni.